Every Monday, I always give you guys an ingredient of the week and show you how you can use it in your cooking to spruce things up. Today, I am giving you a set of ingredients only difference is, you are making a dish of your choice and a fantastic prize is up for grabs for the best recipe and the best picture of the prepared dish. This challenge is dubbed #KupikaNaKaluhi and it is in partnership with Infinix Mobile. Kaluhi’s Kitchen is all about innovative recipes while infinix mobile is all about innovative mobile trends so we want to honor one of my readers who shall embody the same quality both brands have: Innovation.
What’s the competition about?
As a participant, you shall be required to make a dish of your choice using the 5 compulsory ingredients given. You can add whatever other ingredient to make it come together but the ingredients I provide must be used. The competition shall run from today (7th October) to Wednesday 21st October where the winner will be announced the following day. Here are your compulsory ingredients:
The ball is in your court and you really can create anything you wish. I always believe that half the story is told with a good pictures and Infinix believes you deserve a phone with the best camera to capture your moments. For that reason, the participant with the best image of their own creation and easiest to follow recipe (in true KK fashion 🙂 )will receive an Infinix phone. The two runners up will receive power banks.
You shall be required to make your submissions via Instagram. The caption of the picture should be the full recipe. Tag me (@kaluhiskitchen) on the final picture before you post and use the hashtags #KupikaNaKaluhi and #InfinixAdventures
- All basket ingredients are mandatory and have to be used. Whichever ingredients you choose to add to bring your dish come to life is totally up to you.
- The full recipe must be accompanied by an image of the final plating.
- All submisions shall be made via Instagram. Tag me (@kaluhiskitchen) on the final picture before you post and use the hashtags #KupikaNaKaluhi and #InfinixAdventures
- All pictures shall be subjected to google search and persons found to have submitted downloaded images shall be disqualified with immediate effect.
- Have lots of fun!!!
There are many ways and styles for taking pictures, but for food photography try apply the following to get the best results:
- Do NOT use flash while taking your pictures.
- As much as possible, use natural light to take your photo. Take your picture near a large window but not under direct sunlight.
- Allow your food to be the focus of the picture. Use solid color backgrounds that contrast with your plate. This is not a must, but noisy print backgrounds at times take away from the beauty of the plate.
Are you ready for this adventure? I am!
Be creative and above all, have fun.
Leave a Reply